Friday, May 20, 2022

Sewing Love by Sanae Ishida


 I totally related to the story behind Sewing Love. Intimated by THE MACHINE, the TOOLs, the LANGUAGE. I bought a machine in the winter and it sat. I watched plenty of youtube videos. I read books and magazines. And still. I made some horrible (but funny!) items. Author Ishida addresses what seems to be the big sewing elephant in the newbie room: anxiety about....everything. Mainly, though, anxiety about getting started, "Doing the Damn The Thing." Her story is relatable and humorous. Ishida then offers patterns (slopers) that can be customized - tops/dresses/tunics, bottoms, outerwear. 

Highly recommend for the conversational tone and ease at learning. 

To be fair, I have not attempted to make anything, only because there isn't time at the moment. However! I fully feel when I have time to do create,  Ishida has given me the confidence I need to forge ahead! Available date on or around August 2022. 

No comments:

Post a Comment