Friday, May 7, 2021

Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand


 Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand sucks you into Nantucket (like all of Hilderbrands books). There is a touch of magical realism in this book, which is delightful. Who wouldn't hope that it's possible to help your family in the afterlife? I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say the characters were all vivid, rich, well done. There were many switches of view points, but it flowed nicely and simply had this reader eager for more. 

There was a touch of political polarization, but just a brief mention. This reader (and many others I know) wish that  sports, books, movies, etc, would stick to entertainment and leave political ideas to the news. Also, for me, the political point was lost as the setting of the novel depicted an honest police chief, mostly open minded and accepting citizens in Nantucket. 

It felt more like Hilderbrand was inserting it to perhaps to show she is "aware" - it was a subtle bounce out of the story and took a few pages to find my way back into the heart and soul of the story. 

I truly cared about all these characters. The mystery was a nice touch, but easy enough to figure out. 

I will be putting this book into as many hands as possible. 

Another Golden Book by Hilderbrand!

Available June 1st, 2021 

No comments:

Post a Comment